“Talk to yourself like you would to someone you love.” – Brene’ Brown
One way to recognize you are on the countdown to the busiest time of the year is the abundance of Christmas movies available on TV and Christmas songs in the stores. Its a time which leads to preparing to host or be hosted for the various holiday. Hosting requires shopping, travel, planning and a hectic schedule.
Before you get caught up in the stress of holiday planning and the ticking down of the days til Christmas, take a few moments to remember to practice self-care. Its a gift you give yourself and believe me, you are gonna need it.
11 Quotes on Self-Care:
1. “When you start sacrificing yourself for other people, you make them a thief, because they are stealing from you what you need an they don’t even know it.” – Iyanla Vanzant
2. “To fall in love with yourself is the first secret to happiness.” – Robert Morley
3. “Whenever you feel compelled to put others first at the expense of yourself, you are denying your own reality, your own identity.” – David Stafford
4. “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.” – Lucille Ball
5. “It’s time to stop avoiding your ambition and put yourself first.” – Maree McPherson
6. “Stop feeling sorry for yourself and you. will be happy.” – Stephen Fry
7. “Often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us. – Helen Keller
8. “Whatever you are, be a good one.” – Abraham Lincoln
9. “Do what you feel in your heart to be right – for you’ll be criticized anyway.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
10. “The first key, the key to unlocking your universe is to put yourself first.” – Connie Cash
11. “Until you value yourself, you won’t value your time. Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it.” – M. Scott Peck
Give yourself a little grace this week. Take time to do something which brings you joy and peace of mind.
Til next time,
“Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure.” – Oprah
Leave a Reply