It’s the start of another work week and there are some who are probably complaining about how short the weekend was. You know, so many things we wanna do but only 2 days to do them all in. The alarm clock was probably snoozed a few times and you may be running a little behind schedule. Its ok, chock it up to the Monday Morning Blues.
You don’t necessarily need an extra jolt of caffeine but you need a change in your perspective on the day. Don’t give in to the impulse to grip and complain. Instead find something that may bring you a little satisfaction and fun on Mondays. Make an appointment with yourself to give yourself something to look forward to.
If you normally eat lunch at your desk, switch it up – eat with a co-worker. Do something you wouldn’t normally do at lunch time – but make it work safe. As you consider what you may want to do today, here’s a few quotes to put a boost in your day.
10 Quotes on Life:
1. “Keep on going, and the chances are that you will stumble on something, perhaps when you are least expecting it. I never heard of anyone ever stumbling on something sitting dow.” – Charles F. Kettering
2. “What would you do if you weren’t afraid?” – Sheryl Sandberg
3. “Don’t rely on someone else for your happiness and self-worth. Only you can be responsible for that. If you can’t love and respect yourself – no one else will be able to make that happen. Accept who you are – completely; the good and the bad – and make changes as YOU see fit – not because you think someone else wants you to be different.” – Stacey Charter
4. “Don’t underestimate the value of Doing Nothing, of just going along, listening to all the things you can’t hear, and not bothering.” – Winne the Pooh
5. “Happy people plan actions, they don’t plan results.” – Dennis Waitley
6. “Work hard in silence, let your success be your noise.” – Anonymous
7. “You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” – Mae West
8. “The truth is that stress doesn’t come from your boss, your kids, your spouse, traffic jams, health challenges, or other circumstances. It comes from your thoughts about your circumstances.” – Andrew Bernstein
9. “Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure.” – Oprah Winfrey
10. “I promise you nothing is as chaotic as it seems. Nothing is worth diminishing your health. Nothing is worth poisoning yourself into stress, anxiety, and fear.” – Steve Maraboli
I’m one of those people who either eat lunch at their desk or forget about lunch until it’s almost too late. So today, I’m planning to eat outside and enjoy the sunshine. How will you shake up your Monday?
Til next time,
“Much of the stress that people feel doesn’t come from having too much to do. It comes from not finishing what they’ve started.” – David Allen