Time Management was one of the first skills I learned to master by attending college. To maintain my goals I had ti learn how to effectively manage my obligations.
Then I became a wife, my strategies changed. They changed again as motherhood entered my life.
When I transitioned to working from home, I had to relearn time management skills. What worked in the office setting wasn’t going to work at home.
That’s the reality of life, sometimes your techniques for managing the time you have stop working for the station you are in at the moment. I spend a lot of time speaking with people who enter independent contracting in a variety of industries for a variety of reasons.
One of the reasons they cite as a reason to give it up is the difficulty of using their time in a way which helps them to reach their financial goals. I try to find a few ways of helping them come to the realization that they can do more than they give themselves credit for.
I do this through the reminders of how they accomplished things in the past as well as through sharing a quote, affirmation or when needed a little bit of letting them know I believe in them.
15 Quotes on Time Management
1. “The bad news is time flies. The good news is you’re the pilot.” – Michael Altshuler
2. “Time is what we want most, but what we use worst.” – William Penn
3. “You can have it all. You just can’t have it all at once.” – Oprah Winfrey
4. “Your greatest asset is your earning ability. Your greatest resource is your time.” – Brian Tracy
5. “Time management “ is really a misnomer – the challenge is not to manage time, but manage ourselves. The key is not to prioritize what’s on your schedule, but to schedule your priorities.” – Stephen Covey
6. “If you want to be more productive, you need ti become master of your minutes.” – Crystal Paine
7. “When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor.” – Elon Musk
8. “Time is a created thing. To say, “I don’t have time is to say, “I don’t want to.” – Lao Tzu
9. “You may delay, but time will not.” – Benjamin Franklin
10. “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.” – Walt Disney
11. “Until we can manage time, we can manage nothing else.” – Peter F. Drucker
12. “Time Management is life management.” – Robin Sharma
13. “By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.” – Benjamin Franklin
14. “The future depends on what we do in the present.” – Mahatma Gandhi
15. “Don’t be fooled by the calendar. There are only as many days in the year as you make use of. One man gets only a week’s value out of a year while another man gets a full year’s value out of a week.” – Charles Richards
Today prepare for your next transition my scheduling time to work on the things which will make you reach your financial goals. Your wallet, heart and mind will thank you.
Til next time,
“Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.” – Steve Jobs