October – the month of Halloween, the beginning of the Fall season. A time where the leaves begin to turn from green to orange, red, gold and brown before falling off the trees. Grass begins to fade and temperatures turn cooler. The smell of apple cider and cinnamon brooms are in the air and pumpkins are available everywhere.
It’s the beginning of a new quarter and the countdown towards the Holiday season. When you look around the stores, next to the Halloween decorations are the unpacking of Christmas decor. Soon the shelves will be filled with the latest toys and things kiddos will write in their letters to Santa.
It’s my favorite time of year and to celebrate, here are a few quotes to kick off the month.
- “I think my favorite thing about seasons changing is the opportunity to look different.” – Taylor Swift
- “Don’t be afraid to give up the good to go for the great.” – John D. Rockefeller
- “You must take personal responsibility. You cannot change the circumstances, the seasons, or the wind, but you can change yourself. That is something you have charge of.” – Jim Rohn
- “Every day is a new day, and you’ll never be able to find happiness if you don’t move on.” – Carrie Underwood
- “Good things take time.” – John Wooden
- “The old rules are crumbling and nobody knows what the new rules are. So make your own rules.” – Neil Gaiman
- “Follow your fear.” – Tina Fey
- “My wish for you is that you continue. Continue to be who you are, to astonish a mean world with your acts of kindness.” – Maya Angelou
- “By changing nothing, nothing changes.” – Tony Robbins
- “If you do not change direction, you might end up where you are heading.” – Lao Tzu
- “Fall forward. Every failed experiment is one step closer to success. You’ve got to take risks.” – Denzel Washington
- “I want to make someone’s life better because I’m here. If you have that attitude it will change your day and change your life.” – Tim Tebow
- “Everyone must take time to sit and watch the leaves turn.” – Elizabeth Lawrence
- “True life is lived when tiny changes occur.” – Leo Tolstoy
- “Nothing is forever except change.” – Buddha
- “Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
- “It is strange, but true, that the most important turning points of life often come at the most unexpected times and in the most unexpected ways.” – Napoleon Hill
- “The best parts of any story to me are the unexpected things.” – Kirsten Vangsness
- “Life has no limitations except the ones you make.” – Les Brown
- “If you don’t plan your time, someone else will help you waste it.” – Zig Ziglar
So which is the quote which resonates with you? I like to turn some of my favorite quotes into affirmations so in honor of October, give it a try. You might even like it.
Til next time,
“There will always be people in your life who treat you wrong. Be sure to thank them for making you strong.” – Zig Ziglar
Leave a Reply