Quotations are like the voice of wisdom and experience from a dear friend. They seem to whisper the right words for the situation you are facing. Sometimes those words and bits of advice are things we already know but hearing them again, makes them pierce through our wall of uncertainty or procrastination.
Other times, a good quote can spark imagination and action. They can come from a movie, song, lecture, book, interview or random conversation overheard in line at the grocery store.
That’s the appeal.
Quotes inspire you. They motivate you. They spark a reaction in our lives and our spirits. Here are 10 Quotes from a few legendary African Americans to inspire and motivate you.
10 Quotes From Legendary African Americans:
- “I have learned not to allow rejection to move me.” – Cicely Tyson, Award winning Actress
- 2. “I always say to my guys, “The most important day of your life is today. This very minutes is the most important of your life. You must win this minutes. You must win this day. And tomorrow will take care of itself.” – Coach John Chaney, Hall of Fame Temple Basketball Coach
- “Failure is a part of success. There is no such thing as a bed of roses all your life. But failure will never stand in the way of success if you learn from it.” – Hank Aaron
- “If you are fortunate to have opportunity, it is your duty to make sure other people have those opportunities as well.” – U.S. Vice President Kamala Harris
- “If you are going to achieve excellence in big things, you develop the habit in little matters.” – Former Secretary of State Colin Powell
- “The struggles along the way are only meant to shape your for your purpose.” – Chadwick Boseman
- “It is the mind that makes the body.” – Sojourner Truth, Abolitionist
- “We must reject not only the stereotypes that others hold of us, but also the stereotypes that we hold of ourselves.” – Former Congresswoman Shirley Chisholm
- “Mother is not a title. Mother is a verb. It is not who you are. It’s what you do.” – Shonda Rhimes
- “You never know what motivates you.” – Cicely Tyson, Award winning Actress
Til next time,
“A setback is nothing but a setup for a comeback.” – Dennis Kimbro