It’s been a few weeks since the final posting of lessons learned from Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki. This book was a great introduction to the value of the right assets, corporations, taxes and minding your own business. These were strategies highlighted for readers to become more effective in managing their business.
The book which would follow Rich Dad, Poor Dad needed for be a book that expounded on the financial literacy theme. But it also needed to fit within the times we are living in. Thus it would make it more relevant to the state of the world we are in.
Introducing a new title for the Read With Me. September’s reading will be Unshakable by Tony Robbins.
Who is Tony Robbins?
Tony Robbins is a motivational speaker, author and life coach. He has a proven success record and helps people get past their fears and take demonstrative action. Depending on who you speak with, he is controversial as well as inspiring.
Unshakeable: Your Financial Freedom Playbook. The tag line of this book is Creating Peace of Mind in a World of Volatility. We are living in a world of volatility – It’s the second recession of my lifetime and a global pandemic. There are job losses, evictions, school closures and stay at home orders with uncertainty in every corner. Financial literacy is no longer an option it is a requirement. This book written in 2017 when some of us wouldn’t imagine occurrences such as the ones from 2020. This book is for this time. This book is for your stage of life.
What Is Unshakeable?
The back cover of the book explains you’ll discover:
- How to put together a simple, actionable plan that can deliver true financial freedom.
- How a few simple steps can add a decade or more of additional retirement income by discovering what your 401(k) provider doesn’t want you to know.
- Strategies from the world’s top investors on how to protect yourself and your family and maximize profit from the inevitable crashes and corrections to come.
- The fastest way to put money back in your pocket: uncover the hidden fees and half truths of Wall Street – how the biggest firms keep you overpaying for underperformance.
- The core four principles that most of the world’s greatest financial minds utilize so that you can maximize upside and minimize downside.
- Master the mind-set of true wealth and experience the fulfillment you deserve today.
The book has three sections with nine chapters, an introduction by Steve Forbes and a forward by the founder of Vanguard Jack Bogle.
Section 1 Wealth: The Rule Book
Section 2 The Unshakeable Playbook
Section 3 The Psychology of Wealth
Read With Me
Each week, quotes will be posted covering chapters from Unshakeable. The book is available from your favorite book vendor, audiobook platform and libraries. Here’s an interesting nugget from the introduction:
All the proceeds are going to Feeding America, which provides free meals to those who need them.
Let’s embrace this opportunity to expand our financial aptitude by reading Unshakeable by Tony Robbins.
Til next time,
“Money is only a tool. It will take you wherever you wish, but it will not replace you as the driver.” – Ayn Rand
Leave a Reply