What a wonderful day to be alive and able to experience life, if you so choose. Today we celebrate Labor Day in the US which is a celebration of the value of hard work. Work is something everyone has to do at some point in their lives. Depending on your circumstances, work can be rewarding or it can be functional.
I like to think of work as a means of financing your goals and dreams.
This mindset trick is a way of keeping me focused. Whether your goal is paying rent or mortgage, your work should be able to help you with this. Life is an experience not an existence. Work helps us pay for those experiences.
Today, work comes in many different formats and it can seem as if what you are doing doesn’t matter in the long term. It does. The work you do is one step in your journey. It is one thing that makes life worthwhile. Below are a few words which embody facets of life. Select one and make it your mantra as you prepare for work each day.
10 Quotes about Life:
- “Learn how to be happy with what you have wile you pursue all that you want.” – Jim Rohn
- “Turn your wounds into wisdom.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “Life is very interesting. In the end, some of your greatest pains become your greatest strengths.” – Drew Barrymore
- “I can be changed by what happens to me. But I refuse to be reduced by it.” – Maya Angelou
- “Have great hopes and dare to go all out for them. Have great dreams and dare to live them. Have tremendous expectations and believe in them.” – Norman Vincent Peale
- “With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “You have to cherish things in a different way when you know the clock is ticking, you are under pressure.” – Chadwick Boseman
- “Where there’s hope, there’s life. It fills us with fresh courage and makes us strong again.” – Anne Frank
- “All right everyone, fresh start! We’re gonna have a good day, which will turn into a good week, which will turn into a good year, which will turn into a good life!” – Joy, Inside Out
- “When you see something that is not right, not fair, not just, you have to speak up. You have to say something; you have to do something.” – John Lewis
Til next time,
“Life is not a spectator sport. If you’re going to spend your whole life in the grandstand just watching what goes on, in my opinion you’re wasting your life.” – Jackie Robinson