This weekend I had an interesting conversation with a few friends who are feeling a little out of the normal flow of life. Normal activities of spending hours at the gym, Barnes and Nobles or Starbucks has been replaced with – well something that is not the same.
During difficult times, it easy to fall into a routine which inhibits your motivation and productivity. I have found reciting, reading and writing quotes or bible verses help me to regain my focus.
Today I want to share a few quotes that could be used as a pep talk from a friend.
Here are ten quotes to reflect on when you need a pep talk:
1. “Put all excuses aside and remember this – you are capable.” – Zig Ziglar
2. “You are a light. You are the light. Never let anyone — any person or any force — dampen, dim or diminish your light. Study the path of others to make your way easier and more abundant.” – John Lewis
3. “Do not compare your growth with anyone else’s. The only person you are competing with is who you were yesterday.” – Sarah Jakes Roberts
4. “There is a fountain of youth: It is your mind, your talents, the creativity you bring to your life and the lives of people you love. “ – Sophia Loren
5. “I say to people today, ‘You must be prepared if you believe in something. If you believe in something, you have to go for it. As individuals, we may not live to see the end.” – John Lewis
6. “Stay afraid, but do it anyway. What’s important is the action. You don’t have to wait to be confident. Just do it and eventually the confidence will follow.” – Carrie Fisher
7. “We are products of our past, but we don’t have to be prisoners of it.” – Rick Warren
8. “Do not be embarrassed by your failures, learn from them and start again.”- Richard Branson
9. “Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.” – Dalai Lama
10. “It’s the possibility that keeps me going, not the guarantee.” – Nicholas Sparks
Til next time,
“There is no innovation and creativity without failure. Period.” – Brene Brown