Workdays don’t seem to hold the same level of frustration as they did when I had to fight through school car pool lanes and traffic on the interstate. There have been a few times when I have missed the hectic life of carpool and soccer practice when I hear the words “MOM” screamed at the top of someone’s lungs. Then there are times in which it seems there isn’t enough time in the day to meet the deadlines that are glaring at me from my planner or alerting from my calendar reminders.
This year has been a year of firsts that we will look back on with nostalgia one day. But until that day arrives, it’s a great time to focus on something new. Maybe you are forced to look for a new job due to a layoff, reduced hours or furlough. It could be that you dislike your job and think this is the ideal time to try something new. Regardless of your circumstances, it is the time to pivot and try something out of your ordinary.
We are officially into the second half of 2020. You may need a little motivation and inspiration to help you start something new. Here are 20 Quotes on Trying New Things.
20 Quotes on Trying New Things:
1. “You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one.” – Henry David Thoreau
2. “Personal development is a major time-saver. The better you become, the less time it takes you to achieve your goals.” – Brian Tracy
3. “We can’t become what we need to be by remaining what we are.” – Oprah Winfrey
4. “The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity.” – Amelia Earhart
5. “Be the change you want to see in the world.” – Gandhi
6. “You are never to old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” – Les Brown
7. “The best investment you can make is in yourself.” – Warren Buffet
8. “Work hard, know your shit, show your shit, and then feel entitled. Listen to no one except the two smartest and kindest adults you know, and that doesn’t always mean your parents. If you do that, you will be fine.” – Mindy Kaling
9. “A job is only a short-term solution to a long-term problem.” – Robert Kiyosaki
10. “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.” – James Baldwin
11. “Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.” – Harriet Tubman
12. “Even the greatest was once a beginner. Don’t be afraid to take that first step.” – Muhammad Ali
13. “Failure is the opportunity to start over again more intelligently.” – Henry Ford
14. “What’s so fascinating and frustrating and great about life is that you’re constantly starting over, all the time, and I love that.” – Billy Crystal
15. “First comes thought; then organization of that thought, into ideas and plans; then transformation of those plans into reality. The beginning, as you will observe, is in your imagination.” – Napoleon Hill
16. “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.” – Walt Disney
17. “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” – Lao Tzu
18. “I can’t tell you how many times I get into a taxicab in New York or Los Angeles, and I’m talking to somebody who was a doctor or lawyer or engineer or professor in the country they just cam from. They’re starting over again in life, and I think the majority of people out there can relate to that.” – Andrew Zimmern
19. “If you wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weights you down.” – Toni Morrison
20. “Your life doesn’t not get better by chance. It gets better by change.” – Jim Rohn
Til next time,
“Take the first step in faith. You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.