We spent the weekend binge watching the HBO shows Watchmen, Bessie and The Immortal Life of Henreitta Lacks. These stories detailed a few societal issues that are a little tough to swallow but the stories made me think and made me feel respect for the strength of the characters depicted. They reminded me of the strength and fortitude that people have within themselves. Sometimes, it takes a difficult circumstance to bring out that strength.
Right now, the world is going though what could be loosely described as difficult times. But you will get through this and you will be stronger than you could have ever imagined. It’s a time where you will look back and remember that you lived through a historic time and you Bet
Today I want to share a few quotes to remind you that you are stronger than you believe. You need a little faith in yourself and determination. And if you don’t believe it yet, smile!
Smile though your heart is aching.
Smile though your heart is breaking.
10 Quotes on Faith and Resilience:
- “Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “Faith gives you an inner strength and a sense of balance and perspective in life.” – Gregory Peck
- “If you lose faith, you lose all.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Faith is not something to grasp, it is a state to grow into.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- Resist your fear; fear will never lead to you a positive end. Go for your faith and what you believe.” – T. D. Jakes
- “Be strong, be fearless, be beautiful. And believe that anything is possible when you have the right people there to support you.” – Misty Copeland
- “Strength and growth come only through continuous effort and struggle.” – Napoleon Hill
- “I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.” – Audrey Hepburn
- “There are two ways of exerting one’s strength: one is pushing down, the other is pulling up.” – Booker T. Washington
- “I like feeling strong. It keeps my mental floor higher.” – Pink
Til next time,
“I can be changed by what happens to me. But I refuse to be reduced by it.” – Maya Angelou