What is mindset? It’s your attitude. It’s the way you think and it’s the manner in which you allow your thinking to control your behavior.
Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki explains several examples of the difference between his poor dad and his rich dad. But there is one concept that describes each example – mindset. Their thoughts and attitudes controlled their behaviors and their parenting. One had a fixed mindset and the other a growth mindset.
We are in the midst of election season and there are numerous examples of how various politicians are campaigning towards those with similar mindsets. They alter their marketing techniques based on the cluster of people they are attempting to reach.
Television commercials and product campaigns also utilize this method. They take the time to identify how to reach their target population. But there are some people who do the opposite when they are initiating new personal endeavors. Instead of identifying how to campaign for success, they remain stuck in a fixed mindset which inhibits growth.
The value of a growth mindset is demonstrated through the variety of tools available for students, teachers and parents centered around introducing mindset principles. As you approach this new day, make a contract with yourself to take on the challenges which shall occur with a mindset for success. Here are a few quotes which may inspire you.
5 Quotes in Mindset:
1. “My dad encouraged us to fail. Growing up, he would ask us what we failed at that week. If we didn’t have something, he would be disappointed. It changed my mindset at an early age that failure is not the outcome, failure is not trying. Don’t be afraid to fail.” – Sara Blakely
2. “I truly believe in positive synergy, that your positive mindset gives you a more helpful outlook, and belief that you can do something great means you will do something great.” – Russell Wilson
3. “There is no greater agony than beating an untold story inside you.” – Maya Angelou
4. “There are no limitations to the mind except those we acknowledge. Both poverty and riches are the offspring of thought.” – Napoleon Hill
5. “If my mind can conceive it and my heart can believe it – then I can achieve it.” – Muhammad Ali
Til next time,
“Without continual growth and progress, such words as improvement, achievement, and success have no meaning.” – Benjamin Franklin