This has been a week where words sometimes failed me. It’s been a time of turmoil, fear and frustration.
Those feelings stem from a loss of hope and can occur because of a multitude of factors that are around us in the world today. It seems as if some people are finding it hard to hear the message because of the messages – on BOTH sides of issues. And there are a lot of issues causing strife.
When people find themselves clinging to anger, it becomes hard to understand others. It becomes hard to listen. It becomes hard to empathize. It becomes hard to maintain hope. The absence of hope makes it difficult to see and look for the rainbow which comes after the storm. But in order for your world to change, we have to find that glimmer of hope and hold on tight.
There are a lot of amazing people who can articulate hope and empowerment better than me. As we start this week, here are a few quotes to bring you hope.
10 Quotes on Maintaining Hope:
1. “Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.” – Martin Luther
2. “The test of courage comes when we are in the minority. The test of tolerance comes when we are in the majority.” – Ralph W. Stockman
3. “Once you choose hope, anything’s possible.” – Christopher Reeve
4. “May your choices reflect your hopes, not your fears.” – Nelson Mandela
5. “Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness.” – Desmond Tutu
6. “Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.” – Dale Carnegie
7. “Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
8. “I don’t like that man. I must get to know him better.” – Abraham Lincoln
9. “We have the power to make this the best generation of mankind in the history of the world or make it the last.” – John F. Kennedy
10. “If you’re going through hell, keep going.” – Winston Churchill
No one knows what tomorrow may hold but what we do know is we are alive today. Today we can make a difference. Today we can build someone else up. Today we can give to causes we believe in. Today we can decide that we can improve and we are worthy of having what our hearts desire.
Don’t give up hope because the world is going through things that make us uncomfortable. You made it through yesterday so tomorrow is only one good night’s sleep away.
Until next time,
“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.” – Abraham Lincoln
Leave a Reply