Perception is one of those quirky characteristics that is often overlooked for other traits such as productive, patience, and perseverance but perception is the glue that holds it all together.
Perception helps us to view events from a different lens. If we choose to, it helps to see the other side of the argument not just our own. It can either remove the rose colored glasses or it make the glasses cloudy where all you see is what you choose to see.
Here is a challenge for you:
Today someone will get under your skin, irritate you or get on your last nerve. Instead of saying to yourself or someone else, “they get on my last nerve.” Try saying – “they are pushing me to be better.“ A change in perspective may make the person or situation more tolerable.
10 Quotes on Perception:
1. “To change ourselves effectively, we first had to change our perceptions.” – Stephen R. Covey
2. “It’s all in the mind.” – George Harrison
3. “Life is 10 percent what you make it and 90 percent how you take it.” – Irving Berlin
4. “Always focus on the front windshield and not the rear view mirror.” – Colin Powell
5. “One person’s craziness is another person’s reality.” – Tim Burton
6. “The difference between a mountain and a molehill is your perspective.” – Al Neuharth
7. “I look at the game from a different perspective.” – Pitbull
8. “Everything is simple. It’s people who complicate things.” – Albert Camus
9. “You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view.” – Harper Lee
10. “Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves.” – Carl Jung
Til next time,
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.