When you have kids weekends are just another day of the week. It’s a day spent taking care of other people and their needs. You don’t sleep in and you likely have pint sized little dictators telling you where they want to go. But you know what!’? I wouldn’t change them for a few extra hours of sleep. But they do make it difficult to star the week without this wonderful creation called – caffeine.
Monday’s are not my favorite day of the week. I find that I am not as productive on this day UNLESS I am sitting in my own home with comfort clothes, hair a mess and nothing but socks on my feet. However, the reality is that I am not yet in a position where I can spend time doing what I want to do with Mondays.
Thus a priority each Monday morning is getting a few swallows of coffee or green tea and everyone out of the house on time. So I find myself chanting focus, focus, keep going, focus and then I lace up my Nikes and rush out the door. I drop off the kiddies, return to drop off the laptop they left in the car and go off to conquer the work world. I say my morning mantra and move forward with my day.
If you find yourself with a lack of motivation, focus or energy for productivity in the morning – you are nodding your head cause you know what I’m talking about.
Here are a few quotes from my personal cheerleader to help coach you through the day.
Nine Quotes in Focus:
1. “You do what you can for as long as you can. And when you finally can’t, you do the next best thing. You back up but you don’t give up.” – Chuck Yeager
2. “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The more certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” – Thomas Edison
3. “Lack of direction, not lack of time, is the problem. We all have twenty-four hour days.” – Zig Ziglar
4. “You multiply your time by spending time on things that will give you more time tomorrow.” – Rory Vaden
5. “Focus does not mean saying yes, it means saying no.” – Steve Jobs
6. “I don’t care how much power, brilliance or energy you have, if you don’t harness it and focus it on a specific target, and hold it there you’re never going to accomplish as much as your ability warrants.” – Zig Ziglar
7. “Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.” – Buddha
8. “I don’t focus on what I’m up against. I focus on my goals and I try to ignore the rest.” – Venus Williams
9. “Don’t give up before the miracle happens.” – Fannie Flagg
Til next time,
“Your victory is right around the corner. Never give up.” – Nicki Minaj