We closed on our house last Thursday and now I am feeling a rush of nostalgia and peace surrounding our new beginnings. The house was the beginning of not only my marriage but also motherhood, career trajectories and finally the beginning of my business. I celebrated love, life and graduations. Closing the door on that property felt like permission to embrace a new perspective on the future.
Once I had a few days to enjoy the euphoria of having my first real estate sale over and done, I became excited about the opportunity to rebuild our home environment simultaneously while the builders finished our home. I survived the chaotic aspect of home repairs, showings, packing, and temporary relocation all while maintaining a work at home schedule and a sense of normalcy for my kids.
This experience was a representation of us doing something based on faith that it will all work out. We had no idea if or how we would prepare our family for such a massive change in their lives. One thing was certain – we wanted more for our future and we could not achieve it by being paralyzed by what ifs. The anxiety and temporary frustrations would eventually be forgotten if we acted now. However, if we did nothing we would demonstrate to all who knew us (especially TJ three and dog) that we gave in to fear. We jumped and while one part of our relocation journey is completed, we still have a long way to go.
Do you struggle with stepping out into your future do to fear? Do you let your dreams stay dreams? STOP today! Take the step or maybe its steps (if you need a push, here’s your PUSH) you need to have the life you want but don’t yet believe you deserve. Here’s a take one step challenge – Write it down!
That’s the challenge!
Write it down!
Even if the only thing you know right now is – “I want to take a step toward a better future!” Write that down!
If you want more visibility – write your are in my comments. If you made a step or took a series of steps, I would love to congratulate you – leave me a comment.
Here’s a few quotes to add to your reasons for embracing changes in your life today.
Quotes on new beginnings and realizing your internal strength:
1. “You can start late. Look different. Be uncertain. And still succeed.” – Misty Copeland
2. “It’s a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you’re ready. I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything. There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now.” – Hugh Laurie
3. “Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.” – J.K. Rowling
4. “You’re off to great places. Today is your day. Your mountain is waiting, so get on your way.” -Dr. Seuss
5. “We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we’re curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.” – Walt Disney
6. “Put blinders on to those things that conspire to hold you back, especially the ones in your own mind.” – Meryl Streep
7. “Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today” – Will Rogers
8. “If you are working on something that you really care about, you don’t have to be pushed. The vision pulls you.” – Steve Jobs
9. “If you look at what you have in life, you will always have more.” – Oprah Winfrey
10. “You are enough just as you are.” – Meghan Markle
Til next time
Take one step towards your desired future
Leave a Reply