Believe in the power of writing things down to make them happen!
There are a few pieces of advice I give everyone all the time and it takes the least amount of time and energy. I believe wholeheartedly in this practice that I began a new tradition each year of buying myself a new journal and gift journals to others.
Write it down!
No matter how small the goal, thought, perceived pain or idea – write it down. There have been a few things my family has written down on an ordinary sheet of paper and forgotten about it. You see we have a habit of taking photos of items we want to purchase and then creating a budget or timeline for when we hope to attain them.
As part of this process, the photo often becomes a screensaver or included on a wishlist somewhere (usually in a journal). Truth be told it’s often forgotten and then found at the oddest times – but the timing of the discovery is always when we have the means to make the purchase we previously desired.
It’s like our own little version of wishing on a star or throwing a penny into a well to make a wish. There are some who would say we used the law of attraction but I prefer to believe in the principle of writing things down to make them happen. So with this thought in mind and our desire to change the things we didn’t like, we made some plans for 2018-2019 and they have taken off like a rocket.
But while I am eternally grateful for the wonderful progress we have made, it is sometimes like we have been teleported into the future like Marty McFly from Back to the Future. Things are moving faster than expected in some areas and slow as molasses in others. Oh well! So is life!
Thus, it seems appropriate to post motivational quotes during a week in which I have been plagued with daily thrives to my productivity and positive mindset.
1. “A strong, positive self-image is the best possible preparation for success.” Joyce Brothers
2. “There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.” Colin Powell
3. “Doing the best at this moment puts you in the best place for the next moment.” Oprah Winfrey
4. “Resentment is like drinking poison and then hoping it will kill your enemies.” – Nelson Mandela
5. “Personal development is a major time-saver. The better you become, the less time it takes you to achieve your goals.” – Brian Tracy
6. “Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out.” – John Wooden
7. “The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.” – Alice Walker
8. “Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.” – Winston Churchill
9. “All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy, for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter into another.” – Anatole France
10. “Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don’t resist them; that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.” – Lao Tzu
Quote number ten by Lao Tzu spoke to me and my circumstances this week and it has been added to all of my tech devices and my personal cheerleader. Which of these speaks to you? Do you have a quote to recommend? Leave me a comment.
Til next time,
“Incredible change happens in your life when you decide to take control of what you do have power over instead of craving control over what you don’t.” – Steve Maraboli