If you haven’t heard yet, it’s Women’s History Month! A month long international celebration of the achievements and contributions of women. People across the United Kingdom, Australia and United States are participating in educational and celebratory festivities.
In honor of this occasion, I sought our information regarding the origins in an effort to assuage my curiosity regarding Women’s History Month in the United States.
And as is my habit, I next searched for quotes which could be added to my personal cheerleader (journal) and used as future affirmations. In celebration of women, here are 10 quotes to motivate you.
1. “Don’t wait around for other people to be happy for you. Any happiness you get you’ve got to make yourself.” – Alice Walker
2. “Deal with yourself as an individual worthy of respect, and make everyone else deal with you the same way. ” – Nikki Giovanni
3. “Whatever is bringing you down, get rid of it. Because you’ll find that when you’re free . . . your true self comes out.” — Tina Turner
4. “Take responsibility for yourself because no one’s going to take responsibility for you. I’m not a victim. I grow from this and I learn.” – Tyra Banks
5. “Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday.” – Wilma Rudolph
6. “You will be wounded many times in your life. You’ll make mistakes. Some people will call them failures but I have learned that failure is really God’s way of saying, “Excuse me, you’re moving in the wrong direction.” It’s just an experience, just an experience.” – Oprah Winfrey
7. “If your actions create a legacy that inspires others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, then, you are an excellent leader.” – Dolly Parton
8. “My best successes came on the heels of failures.” – Barbara Corcoran
9. “A woman is like a tea bag – you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
10. “You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it.” – Maya Angelou
Which quote resonated with you? Do you have a quote which should be included in an essential quotes lists for planners and journals? If so, leave a comment. I would love to hear your perspective.
Til next time,
“I attribute my success to this: I never gave or took an excuse.” – Florence Nightingale
Leave a Reply