If you live in the United States, one of the common themes across the news and radio waves is the ongoing government shutdown. When I hear the new count of employees being furloughed, I can’t help but to hope and pray that they prepared their finances for this possibility. But then I remember the old adage, “seeing is believing.”
Seeing other people impacted by having employment but no paycheck should make everyone believe in the need for financial independence. We need to define what financial independence is to us and go after it – even if we are employed in a job we enjoy. The reality is a paycheck can be gone from a government furlough, being fired or let go, illness of a partner and a combination of all previously mentioned.
This makes it the prime time for a rude awakening everyone – here is your reality check. Have you identified what your desired income should be for retirement? Are you ready to achieve it?
In case you need a little extra motivation as you contemplate the answers to those questions, here are Nine (9) Quotes on Financial Independence:
1. “You can be young without money, but you can’t be old without it.” – Tennessee Williams
2. “Wealth is the ability to fully experience life.” – Henry David Thoreau
3. “We were not taught financial literacy in school. It takes a lot of work and time to change your thinking and to become financially literate.” – Robert Kiyosaki
4. “The number one problem in today’s generation and economy is the lack of financial literacy.” – Alan Greenspan
5. “You’ve got to tell your money what to do or it will leave.” – Dave Ramsey
6. “The key to making money is to stay invested.” – Suze Orman
7. “It’s not your salary that makes you rich; it’s your spending habits.” – Charles A. Jaffe
8. “Money won’t create success, the freedom to make it will.” – Nelson Mandela
9. “Money is only a tool. It will take you wherever you wish, but it will not replace you as the driver.” – Ayn Rand
If you believe in you, you can achieve anything you set your mind to. So I ask again –
Have you identified what your desired income should be for retirement?
Are you ready to achieve it?
Let 2019 be the year you begin or expand on your journey to financial independence. I will, will you?
Til next time,
“Formal education will make you a living; self-education will make you a fortune.” – Jim Rohn
Great job as always Tiff
I will post some of these quotes in my office- I’m always putting up new quotes to motivate people to take control of their money.
Glad you enjoyed it. Visual reminders definitely help keep people focused on their goals.
The answer to the questions , what is my desired income for retirement and am I ready to achieve it. Has made me rethink my retirement and my life. Thanks, I look forward to answering these questions in action.
Glad it was helpful