This year I decided against writing New Year Resolutions. Instead I am making different vision boards based on life categories and creating a Strategic Plan for the year 2019.
One of the first categories I plan to address is weight loss through proper nutrition and fitness. I am not choosing to assign myself a number of pounds to lose, instead I have chosen to focus on one thing – Completing a 5K each month.
To stay focused on this goal, I have identified Nine (9) Quotes to meditate on as I train for each 5K.
1. “Make time for it. Just get it done. Nobody ever got in shape by thinking about it. They did it.” – Jim Wendler
2. “Exercise should be regarded as a tribute to the heart.” – Gene Tunney
3. “If you don’t do what’s best for your body, you’re the one who comes up on the short end.” — Julius Erving
4. “Our food should be our medicine and our medicine should be our food.” – Hippocrates
5. “If you think the pursuit of good health is expensive and time consuming, try illness.” – Lee Swanson
6. “Every human being is the author of his or her own health or disease.” – Buddha
7. “The greatest wealth is health.” – Virgil
8. “Just because you are not sick, it doesn’t not mean you are healthy.” – Your Doctor
9. “It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver.” – Mahatma Gandhi
Til next time,
Walk or run a 5K!