Happy Wednesday !
As I write this post I am enjoying the fresh breeze off the Pacific Ocean enjoying a carefree day. I am listening as the waves of the waters crash against the sand sending cool salty water sprays around my beach chair. My mind wanders off to things which would be added to my bucket list, then reality sets in – my alarm clock rings and I realize it was all but a dream.
You know what! I loved every moment of that dream like experience and the memory serves as motivation towards future goal achievement. This Wednesday Wisdom theme is dreams and the work we must do to achieve them.
1. “Whatever our dreams, ideas or projects, we plant a seed, nurture it and then reap the fruits of our labor.” – Oprah Winfrey
2. “Dreams are lovely. But they are just dreams. Fleeting, ephemeral, pretty. But dreams do not come true just because you dream them. It’s hard work that makes things happen. It’s hard work that creates change.” – Shonda Rhimes
3. “The most common way people give up their power is thinking they don’t have any.” – Alice Walker
4. “I have learned over the years that when one’s mind is made up, this diminishes fear; knowing what must be done does away with fear.” – Rosa Parks
5. “We’re here for a reason. I believe that reason is to throw little torches out to lead people through the dark.” – Whoopi Goldberg
6. “Power’s not given to you. You have to take it.” – Beyoncé Knowles Carter
7. “Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.” – Harriet Tubman
Never stop dreaming while sleeping or awake. It’s the dreams we have when we sleep that give the hours we are awake purpose.
Til next time,
“If they don’t give you a seat at the table, bring a folding chair.” – Shirley Chisholm