Happy New Year!
Welcome to 2017!
Are you ready for the adventures 2017 will bring? I am. No matter what the new year throws at you, remember two things:
- Today you are alive.
- Today you can start something.
Of the two things above, one you must be thankful for and the other should be done. Start something. Or keep doing something right. If nothing comes to mind easily, why not consider starting a new habit?
Habit of Thankfulness:
- “If you want to turn your life around, try thankfulness. It will change your life mightily.” – Gerald Good
- “Make it a habit to tell people thank you. To express your appreciation, sincerely and without the expectation of anything in return. Truly appreciate those around you, and you’ll soon find many others around you. Truly appreciate life, and you’ll find that you have more of it.” – Ralph Marston
- “Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend.” – Melody Beattie
- “Be grateful for what you have and stop complaining – it bores everybody else, does you no good, and doesn’t solve any problems.” – Zig Ziglar
Habit of Letting Go:
- “In the process of letting go you will lose many things from the past, but you will find yourself.” – Deepak Chopra
- “To let go is to release the images and emotions, the grudges and fears, the clingings and disappointments of the past that bind our spirit.” – Jack Kornfield
- “Don’t dwell on what went wrong. Instead, focus on what to do next. Spend your energy moving forward together towards an answer.” – Denis Waitley
- “Renew, release, let go. Yesterday’s gone. There’s nothing you can do to bring it back. You can’t “should’ve” done something. You can only DO something. Renew yourself. Release that attachment. Today is a new day!” – Steve Maraboli
Habit of Financial Wisdom:
- “Too many people spend money they earned..to buy things they don’t want..to impress people that they don’t like.” – Will Rogers
- “Financial peace isn’t the acquisition of stuff. It’s learning to live on less than you make, so you can give money back and have money to invest. You can’t win until you do this.” – Dave Ramsey
- “How many millionaires do you know who have become wealthy by investing in savings accounts? I rest my case.” – Robert G. Allen
- “Try to save something while your salary is small; it’s impossible to save after you begin to earn more.” – Jack Benny
Habit of Continuous Learning:
- “An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.” – Benjamin Franklin
- “Formal education will make you a living, self-education will make you a fortune.” – Jim Rohn
- “The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me.” – Ayn Rand
- “The capacity to learn is a gift; The ability to learn is a skill; The willingness to learn is a choice.” – Brian Herbert
Habit of Healthy Living:
- “To keep the body in good health is a duty, otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear.” – Buddha
- “A healthy outside starts from the inside.” – Robert Urich
- “Physical fitness is not only one of the most important keys to a healthy body, it is the basis of dynamic and creative intellectual ability.” – John F. Kennedy
- “If you don’t take of your body, who else will?” – Author Unknown
Which habit will you add this year?
Til next time,
“Live a life that motivates and inspires you to not only dream but to achieve” – The M.I.D.A Project