I must confess that I have been inspired by the athletes competing in this year’s Olympic Games from Rio. As my small contribution to the competitive spirit, here are twelve quotes by Olympians to motivate you to make this weekend a productive one.
1. “You can’t put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the further you get.” – Michael Phelps
2. “Failure I can live with. Not trying is what I can’t handle!” – Sanya Richards Ross
3. “This ability to conquer oneself is no doubt the precious of all things sports bestows.” – Olga Korbut
4. “Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try.” – Gail Devers
5. “If you dream and you allow yourself to dream, you can do anything.” – Clara Hughes
6. “He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life” – Muhammad Ali
7. “If you fail to prepare, you’re prepared to fail.” – Mark Spitz
8. “Never put an age limit on your dream.” – Dara Torres
9. “When anyone tells me I can’t do anything, I’m just not listening anymore.” – Florence Griffith Joyner
10. “Nothing can substitute for just plain hard work.” – Andre Agassi
11. “If you don’t try, you’ll never know what might have been.” – Gabby Douglas
12. “Practice created confidence. Confidence empowers you.” – Simone Biles
Friday is a great day to begin a new project or pickup a discarded one. Especially if the project will get you one closer to your personal Olympic Dream.
Til next time,
“It doesn’t matter what your background is and where you come from. If you have dreams and goals, that’s all that matters.” – Serena Williams