The power of self is the one superpower we all possess but it also the one thing we overlook. As life gives us the routine ebb and flow of good and bad times, it is easy to get lost in the bad and forget about the good. The wonderful thing about having a super power – we can turn ourselves into anyone and anything we want to be.
Self-Actualization is defined by dictionary.com as the achievement of one’s full potential through creativity, independence, spontaneity, and a grasp of the real world. Here are 10 quotes which demonstrate this definition.
1. A pessimist is one who makes difficulties of his opportunities, and an optimist is one who makes opportunities of his difficulties.” – Harry Truman
2. “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.” – Walt Emerson
3. “Sow an act, and you reap a habit; sow a habit, and you reap a character; sow a character, and you reap a destiny.” – George Dana Boardman
4. “Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.” – Langston Hughes
5. “If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude.” – Maya Angelou
6. “Love yourself first, and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.” – Lucille Ball
7. “Make yourself necessary to somebody.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
8. “If you think you can or you think you can’t, either way you are right.” – Henry Ford
9. “Living in the moment means letting go of the past and not waiting for the future. It means living your life consciously, aware that each moment you breathe is a gift.” – Oprah Winfrey
10. “Your life is what your thoughts make it.” – Marcus Aurelius
Til next time,
“Don’t aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it come naturally.” – David Frost
Leave a Reply