The news appears to project a multitude of negative and evil things which are surrounding us each day. If I spent a lot of time listening to the news or reading about the never ending stories of crime and terror, I think I would begin to lose sight of the truly good things that occur in this world. I would lose sight of the people who inspire me to be better and then I fear I would look over my shoulder for the people who inspire fear and distrust of myfellow man.
Today I wanted to share 10 Quotes that help me remember the relationship between my behavior and my perception of others.
1. “Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.” – Dalai Lama
2. “Do your little bit of good where you are; it’s those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.” – Desmond Tutu
3. “Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoundness. Kindness in giving creates love.” – Lao Tzu
4. “Do onto others as you would have them do onto you” – The Golden Rule
5. “Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself in your way of thinking.” – Marcus Aurelius
6. “We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all that we need to make us happy is something to be enthusiastic about.” – Albert Einstein
7. “Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle.” – Plato
8. “You don’t have to be famous. You just have to make your mother and father proud of you.” – Meryl Streep
9. “If you don’t have anything good to say, don’t say anything.” – Mom
10. “If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn’t sit for a month.” – Theodore Roosevelt
Til next time,
“You must give up the life you planned in order to have the life that is waiting for you”- Joseph Campbell