Happy Success Monday!
Well it is here, the last chapter of “Act Like A Success, Think Like A Success.” Chapter 18 is entitled “God Blesses You to Become A Blesser”.
It is my hope that each post over the last 18 weeks has been a blessing to you. As usual I have a little sadness facing the end of another informative book. But as all good things must, we are at the end. I have no idea of what we will read next but I have a few books in progress on my bedside table and on my virtual table or Kindle (more on that a little later).
Chapter 18 ended with the best reminder of the purpose of success, be a blessing to others. I remember how I felt when we were able to buy my nephew and my sister a laptop as they both entered college a few years ago. While a laptop may not seem like a big deal to some, this gift was major for us. Not only did it symbolize faith in their journey but it also meant that my family was in a position to be a blesser.
That is the feeling I hold to each time I think about when I envision the fulfillment of my dreams. This is one of the many reasons for working hard and burning the midnight oil. Now that I think about it, this was part of the lesson of Chapter 18. Be a blessing to others and work hard to keep being a blessing. Without further commentary from me, here are my favorite quotes.
“..being a blessing to someone else is one of the most important principles of success.” – Steve Harvey
“When you share your blessings with someone else, you are fulfilling your purpose in this world as a human being” – Steve Harvey
“Every great moment in life is better when shared” – Steve Harvey
“When you understand how powerful giving is, you will have more to give” – Steve Harvey
“As you climb higher, you are going to have to become more of everything. The more you get, the more will be required of you. You have to take more meetings, become more articulate, and be a better manager of time” – Steve Harvey
“Success is not just about your ability to achieve, but also your ability to serve through sharing
Questions for Reflection:
1. Consider the areas of your life in which you have experienced success. Identify 3 things that you could teach/share with others.
2. What are some of the activities you participate in that would be boring if they were done by yourself?
3. What does Steve Harvey state happens when you understand that God blesses you to become a blesser? How does it feel when you give something to someone you love? Now how does it feel when you feel a need for someone you don’t know? Do you receive the same sense of gratification?
4. What is an important part of your success? When was the last time you gave of your time? Gave of your knowledge? Gave of your money?
5. What are some requirements for your continued success? How many of these are you actively excelling at?
6. What are you doing to use and share your gifts with others? Should you do more or should you get started doing something?
Til next time,
“A thankful heart is not only the greatest virtue, but the parent of all other virtues.” – Cicero