Happy Success Monday!
One of my all time favorite quotes is “Make your haters your motivators” – Author Unknown. I heard it once on the radio and then saw it again on a car bumper. Ever since it has been one of my favorites. So naturally this quote made it through out my mind as I read this chapter.
I love the title of this chapter – Healing Your Haters Through Success. I must say this is the first time I ever considered trying to heal the people who were trying to break me down. But it makes perfect sense – haters are like an illness that has plagued you and the only thing you can do is take time to strengthen your body to resist the illness.
Here is my synopsis of healing haters:
Hater = illness, toxin, poison, symptom
Heal = strengthen, restore, build up
Success = medication, treatment, antidote
What is your synopsis of healing haters?
“Every time you make a decision to do more, be more want more, here comes opposition” – Steve Harvey
“You don’t have time for small people. You don’t have time for the opposition” – Steve Harvey
“A man can’t ride your back unless it’s bent” – Martin Luther King Jr
“I decided years ago that I would never give anyone the power to define who I am” – Steve Harvey
“And I make the choice every day not to let anyone’s negativity stop me from fully operating in my God-given gift” – Steve Harvey
“We have to learn to become skilled at deflecting negative energy and keeping our eyes focused on our vision” – Steve Harvey
“You are definitely going to have haters coming from the left, and haters coming from the right” – Steve Harvey
Questions for Reflection:
1. How do you react to the haters in your life? Is there another word you use to refer to haters? Does that word give you strength or fear?
2. Have you continued your climb up the ladder or have you spent time trying to kick your haters?
3. What does Steve Harvey define as the goal of a hater? Do you agree or disagree? Why?
4. How do successful people deal with haters? What happens when you address a hater?
5. Name 3 people who you have observed persevering under adversity? What did you learn from them?
6. Are you allowing words to impede your destiny? How are you staying motivated in the face of negativity?
7. What are the four types of haters you need to look out for? Which one seems to impact you the most?
As we prepare for Chapter 16, have you created a new outlook on your goals and your strategy for achieving them. If not, that means you are on the right path. If you have, you are also on the right path. The answer of wrong or right can only be answered by your own self-analysis.
Til next time,
“The only cure for enemies is success” – Steve Harvey