Happy Success Monday!
Welcome to Chapter 13: Never Be Afraid to Reinvent Yourself. This chapter puts us one chapter closer to the end of Part 2 of Act Like A Success, Think Like A Success by Steve Harvey.
I planned to refrain from including a commentary to this section but there are times when you must acknowledge a good thing. And Chapter 13 was a good thing for me. Sometimes the words you need to hear or read come to you at the time in which you don’t necessarily need them but are ready to receive them. That’s what this chapter was for me – the words I didn’t know I needed but gave me the mental boost that I need to continue on my progression towards success.
I have enjoyed and am enjoying reading this book. I am also beginning the search for new titles to read at the end of this journey. If you have any suggestions, leave them in the comments.
“Change comes in every person’s life. You can either react to it or you can participate in it” – Steve Harvey
“Diversifying your gifts also means knowing how to use other experiences in your life” – Steve Harvey
“When you commit yourself to excellence, even a talent can take you to amazing places” – Steve Harvey
“An expansive vision is necessary when reaching for your life’s possibilities. We cannot allow small-mindedness to interfere with our rewards” – Steve Harvey
“Successful people appreciate where they have come from, but they don’t let their past set the tone for their future” – Steve Harvey
Questions for Reflection:
1. When was the last time you reinvented yourself? Is it time to do another or your first reinvent
2. What are other ways in which you can use your gift?
3. Are you allowing your background to limit your potential? What are ways in which you can change your material?
4. Who are real life examples that demonstrate diversification of their gifts? Are there lessons you can learn from them which could assist you as you reinvent yourself?
5. Take some time this week and complete the Success Action Steps at the end of the chapter.
Til next time,
“Don’t let your background become a limitation” – Steve Harvey
Leave a Reply