Happy Week Before Thanksgiving! Just think, this time next week most of us will experience great food and family as we celebrate a holiday of giving Thanks. This week will have 2 posts from our reading of Think and Grow Rich. Today will include questions from Chapter 12 and tomorrow will include Chapter 13. After this week, we will not only be caught up but will be one step closer to completion.
Chapter 12: The Subconscious Mind is indicated as the Eleventh Step Towards Riches. It is a step and Chapter of the power of our thoughts. It reminds us to keep our minds focused on our ultimate objective, the desire to achieve the goal which we identified at the beginning of this journey together. For the first time, I am sharing my desire – Complete my 1st book. That’s what I am working on when I have a few moments to spare and no one around me. It is a slower process than I once imagined but I am concentrating on ensuring I write everyday and by sticking to that practice, I find I am making progress. How about you, are you making progress with your plan to THINK AND GROW RICH?
Here are my favorite quotes of Chapter 12:
“Man can create nothing which he does not first conceive in THOUGHT” – Napoleon Hill
“Positive and negative emotions cannot occupy the mind at the same time” – Napoleon Hill
Questions for Reflection:
1. The subconscious mind is like what office furniture? Are you filing away thoughts and impressions which will lead you closer to your goal?
2. You cannot entirely control your subconscious mind, but you can do what?
3. What is the benefit to making your desires clear? Have you reduced your desires to writing? If so, where are you storing these so that you may review them each day?
4. Which of the thirteen principles are helping you to acquire the ability to reach your subconsicious mind? What will it take for you to direct your subconscious mind? Are you putting that plan into habit?
5. According to Mr. Hill, what happens to subconscious mind when you fail to plant desires? Examine your life over the last 12 months, has this been true or false for you? Are you happy with the outcome? Do you need to make any changes in order to change the outcome?
6. What thoughts are consistently within your mind? Are you ruled by your emotions? How has this impacted your life?
7. This book is intended to help you do what? Is it working for you? Are you working for your desire?
8. Communication costs nothing except ____, _____, _____, ____, and a ____ ____ to communicate.
“Faith and fear make poor bedfellows. Where one is found, the other cannot exist” – Napoleon Hill