Chapter 10 already, five more chapters to go. I hope you are practicing the skills Mr. Hill is imparting upon us. As you practice means action and action means progress. Think of the reason you started this journey and use that reason as your overall motivation to actually put reading into action. It is this action that will move us out of our comfort zones and get us one step closer to our desires.
So, enough of the pep talk. I am curious re-considering my choice of our next book. As I continue to read this book, I can’t help but think that it may be beneficial to come back to The Law of Success after we have had an opportunity to hear from another author. Maybe an author with a message for this recession. But then I can’t help to think that Mr. Hill’s lesson’s are timeless so I should stick with the original selection. Well, at least I have five more chapters before I must make the final decision. I would love to read your thoughts and suggestions. Until then, I am going to return to the task at hand – posting my favorite quotes and our questions for reflection.
Favorite Quotes of Chapter 10:
Plans are inert and useless, without sufficient POWER to translate them into ACTION – Napoleon Hill
Power is required for the accumulation of money! Power is necessary for the retention of money after it has been accumulated – Napoleon Hill
Men take on the nature and the habits and the POWER OF THOUGHT of those with whom they associate in a spirit of sympathy and harmony – Napoleon Hill
Poverty and riches often change places – Napoleon Hill
Questions for Reflection:
1. ____ is essential for success in the ___ of money.
2. How does the author describe power? How is organized effort produced? Are you producing organized effort?
3. What are the sources of knowledge?
4. How is the Master Mind defined? Have you met with your personal Master Mind group yet? What are two characteristics of the Master Mind principle?
5. What happens when individual brains are coordinated in harmony? How was this demonstrated by Ford & Carnegie?
6. How did Ford master his three handicaps? When did Ford’s strides become noticeable? Are there any characteristics that Ford demonstrated which could assist you in combating your handicaps?
7. How did Gandhi come by power? How can you translate the skills he possessed into your own planning?
8. What is the greatest of all sources of power?
9. There are some traits that we use when wooing a life partner that are similar to the traits needed to woo money. What are those traits?
10. What must you do to propel yourself from the stream of poverty?
Bonus Question: What happens when riches take the place of poverty? Knowing this, what is standing in your way of riches?
Til next time,
Riches are shy and timid. They have to be “attracted” – Napoleon Hill