I am extremely overjoyed to be back at it posting updates regarding the reading of Think & Grow Rich. The last two weeks have been a rollercoaster of emotions and activity of which I will post about at later this week. In the meantime, I missed 2 chapters of our readings. To remedy this situation, I will post additional questions from this reading on Tuesday of next week.
I must admit this chapter made sense to me and it reminded me of the way we would learn new ideas in college, we would repeat information in our head while cramming late night. Then if we were smart and learned from that poor decision, we would create flashcards and practice teaching ourselves key information we would need later for exams. At least that’s what I would do to keep my brain focused. I remembered this technique when I read this chapter and it’s as if I had my own moment of clarity where I realized, I need to go back and review the chapters and instructions indicated. Then I need to pull out my journal and begin answering the questions I have previously posted.
Since there has been enough delay as it is, indicated below are the questions for reflection regarding Chapter 4: Auto-Suggestion. This week I added a few additional questions to make up for my absence. If you haven’t yet begun to answer the questions posted, now is a great time to begin.
Questions for Reflection:
1. There are no limitations to the mind except those we _________ both _____ & ____ are the offspring of ________?
2. Auto-suggestion is ____________?
3. What do people not exercise which contributes to their going through life in poverty?
4. How do destructive thoughts enter your mind?
5. Self-analysis time: How are you doing with practicing the recitation of your desire for money? If you haven’t yet begun, what is preventing you from taking this first step?
6. Your subconscious mind ______ and acts upon ONLY ______ which have been well-mixed emotion or feeling. What are you feeding your subconscious mind? Are those thoughts conducive to you achieving your desire?
7. What is needed in order for you to get appreciable results?
8. What is the price for the ability to control your subconscious? Do you have the resources in which to pay this price? Do you have the stamina to pay this price? If the answer was yes to both questions, what has prevented you from paying it?
9. What should you do when faced with failure?
10. What is dependent upon your ability to concentrate? What are some suggestions for the use of concentration that you will apply?
Bonus: What is fatal to your success?
Til next time,
“The mind is everything. What you think you become” – Buddha